Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baggage.

So awhile back I went back to Moses and hung out with my grams. Grams is obsessed with reality tv and game shows, it always makes me laugh because I’m not sure she really understands what is going on 90% of the time. On this specific occasion she was watching a gameshow on the Game Show Network called ‘Baggage.’ My first clue that this was going to be a great show was the fact that Jerry Springer is the host. On Baggage, there is one contestant and 3 potential mates of the opposite sex. During the first round, the 3 mates each open a suitcase holding their baggage. The contestant then chooses which baggage he can’t live with and that mate must leave. The first round baggage isn’t anything too ridiculous, one girl spent thousands of dollars on ebay, another’s brother was living in a van in front of her house…very high quality woman on this show. The second round baggage gets a little heavier; one of the girls took her own silverware to restaurants because she is a germaphobe. So the contestant again chooses which baggage he would rather deal with and sends the other mate home, leaving one mate left. At this point, the contestant must reveal his baggage that he has been keeping from the mate and she gets to decide if she wants to deal with his baggage. If she decides she can handle his baggage, the couple gets to date and live happily ever after. On this specific episode the guy reveals he has impregnated 5 women, but in his defense he claims, “not all of these resulted in children.” Very appropriate. Thankfully, the lady had enough class to not take the guy on a date. As my grandma was watching the show with me she informed me that the last episode she watched had a man that revealed he was a 40 year old virgin and the lady decided she could not deal with his baggage because she had teenage daughters at home. I’m not sure what is more disturbing , the fact that people actually watch this show or the fact that my grandma was discussing this show with me.

I hope to God I never become desperate enough to be on this show.

Song of the day: 40 Dogs (Romeo and Juliet) by Bob Schneider, I discovered him at Bumbershoot and love this guy and this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment