Friday, July 16, 2010

Disaster Date.

So I should have known after having a conversation with a guy I met at a bar who told me he wanted to "throw me over his shoulder and take me home because I was so little," that a date with him would end badly (see June 27th blog), but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He had originally asked if I wanted to join him for dinner, but then a few hours before we were suppose to meet changed plans on me and asked if I could meet him for drinks later on because it was his friend's birthday and he didn't want to bail on him. I was kind of relieved when I heard this because that meant I could bring my girls along for moral support. So the girls and I grab a drink then proceed to head to the bar that he had told me he was at about 30 min. before. The girls and I get to the bar and I try to text him to see where he is sitting (ok, I'll admit I didn't 100% remember what he looked like so that maybe if I texted him he'd be easier to find). So he doesn't respond to my text so the girls and I just walk in and I spot him, sitting way too close to another girl having a conversation with her. Red flag #1. I make eye contact with him and he does the head nod..not even a wave or gets up to greet me. Red flag #2. So I proceed to go over to him, he doesn't introduce his "friend" he's talking to and doesn't seem at all interested in my friends. My friends and I ask him where the birthday boy is and he tells me that the birthday boy isn't actually 21, so cannot enter the bar. Redy flag #3. He then asks what we're drinking, so I proceed to order a beer thinking since he asked what I was drinking he was planning on paying for it, but he did not. Red flag #4. After that, he grabbed a pack of cigarettes that were sitting next to him on the bar and tells me he is going to the bathroom. He goes to the bathroom...then takes a pit stop to talk to the same girl he was talking to when I got there, and go outside and smoke. Red flag #5. At this point, I am thinking it is about time to leave...but he askes me if my friends and I would like to play pool, I agree and warn him that I'm pretty impatient when it comes to games like this to which he responds..you should just smoke some weed and chill. Red flag #6. THEN his friend decided he did not want to play against us and left us out of the game of pool. Red flag #7. At this point, I had had enough red flags and decided to leave.

Song of the day: Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo...I'd much rather Ride Solo than see that guy again.

2 comments:

  1. that is the funniest sad story ever. what a lame guy. lame date. but it will be a fabulous story for your next date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a D-bag! I'm glad you did wait for another red flag!

    ReplyDelete