Monday, December 20, 2010

Work Parties Should be at Work

So every January the company I work for has an awards banquet and dinner on a Saturday night. This year, the banquet happens to fall on my birthday weekend. Spendng my birthday with my co-workers is not what I had in mind as a great birthday weekend. I never understood why companies have work parties outside of work. I don't know about you but I don't really want to spend my weekend with my co-workers who I am forced to work with and deal with all day, 5 days a week. I like to enjoy my weekends with my friends and family who I don't really get to see during the week because I'm too busy working. It would be much nicer if my employer took time out of my work day to award me, I would appreciate getting paid to not work much more, and it would be much more convenient. And then there's the whole issue of bringing a date. I always thought it was kind of weird when people would just bring random dates to work parties...I know I would get 20 questions at work the next day about who I was with. It's just all too much!!

Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't want to spend my birthday weekend with co-workers.

Song of the Day: All I Want for Chrismas is You by, Mariah Carey..gotta get in the holiday spirit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment