Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Social Media

So here's the thing...I feel like social media may be ruining my life. I am a social media junkie. I love Twitter, Facebook, instagram...the list can go on. And after this past weekend, I also think it may be ruining my love life as well.

A friend of mine wanted me to meet a friend of hers...we met up one time, where he proceeded to get ridiculously trashed and ended up puking on my friends floor, then proceeded to sleep in said puke. To say the least, it was a bad first impression. But we became friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram..yada yada yada. I hadn't really heard much from him in the months following our encounter other than the occasional Facebook comment or tweet...that was until this past weekend.

This past weekend I received a private Facebook message saying: "So we def know how to social network...let's see if we can text???? xxx-xxx-xxxx ;)"

No. How about we don't. Is what I really wanted to respond with, but being the nice sucker that I am, and not wanting to hurt my friend's feelings, I decided to text him to say hello. When I asked him what he was up to his response was, "At the lake. LTD. pretty much SOP."

Now, I would like to think I'm pretty savvy at my tweet game, but I have no clue what these acronyms mean...after research I discovered LTD was living the dream, but still not quite sure what SOP means...standard operating procedure?!?

I responded to him with "SOP?!?" and never received a response....guess he's just not that into me.

And that my friends, is how social media is ruining my life....and if you know what SOP stands for please let me know, it is driving me crazy!


Song of the Day: How We Do By, Rita Ora. Its catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment