Wednesday, June 9, 2010

St. Anthony


A few months ago when I went to the visit my family, my grandma explained to me that she was watching the Mass on the Catholic Channel (which she does on a daily basis) and heard the priest say that if a woman wanted to find her soul mate she would need to kneel in front of a statue of St. Anthony and “beg” him to find her a husband. Grams felt it was vital to give me this information. I thanked her and asked her to please continue praying for me. She then proceeded to bring me all sorts of prayer cards and St. Anthony medals she has gotten in the mail throughout the years, hoping they would somehow help me in my search for a husband. A few weeks later, I called my grandma and she politely asked me, “Have you been praying to St. Anthony?” I responded to her, “Yes Grandma,” in which she responded, “And nothing has happened yet??” I am all about praying and believing in a higher power, but this was just all a little too much for me.

I get it, in the words of MC Hammer, we’ve got to pray just to make it today, and I cannot even count how many times I have prayed to St. Anthony to help me find stuff, but I don’t understand the constant pressure to find a husband. I would much rather wait 10 years to find the right guy then settle for someone tomorrow and not be completely happy. I know in the long run it will all be worth it. I have seen too many people in my life stuck in a bad relationship only because they feel they won’t be able to find someone else. At the same time I’m getting a little impatient. So, St. Anthony, if you are reading this (which I’m sure you are) help a sister out!

Song of the day: Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz because I just love this song, and it basically is the story of my love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment